- Style of Northeastern New Territories – That’s What We Call Life Exhibition
- The Basics of Time Lapse Photography with Vincent Laforet from Canon
- 10 Important Lightroom Library Shortcuts and Tips
- Introducing the Phottix Mitros TTL Flash for Canon
- Better Color from LED Lights
- Video Tutorial – How To Shoot A Beverage Shot With Rob Grimm
- DC Home 12 周年站聚相片精華
- First Look at Annie Leibovitz’s New Disney Dream Project Featuring Taylor Swift
- Behind The Scene Video on Jameson Whiskey Product Shoot
- Behind The Scene Video On A Magazine Shoot
Those were the days
This blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
TagsAccessories Adobe Adobe Lightroom 4 Apple Applications Behind-the-scene Video Camera Canon Canon 5D MKIII Canon 5DMKIII Cinematography DSLR Event Exhibition HDSLR Hong Kong Instagram iOS Application iOS Applications iPad iPhone iPhoneography Movie Nikon Nikon D4 Nikon D800 PASM PASM e-Store PASM News PASM Workshop Photographer Photography Photoshop Phottix Portrait Photography Portraits Review Sony Sony A77 Street Photography Triggers Tutorial Video Videography Video Tutorials
Category Archives: iPhoneography
This from the Twitter blog:
Every day, millions of people come to Twitter to connect with the things they care about and find out what’s happening around the world. As one of the most compelling forms of self-expression, photos have long been an important part of these experiences.
Starting today, you’ll be able to edit and refine your photos, right from Twitter. The latest versions of Twitter for iPhone and Twitter for Android introduce a few new ways to enhance the images you tweet. We’re grateful to our partner, Aviary, for powering our filters and effects.
Filters. Apply one of eight filters, ranging from black & white to vintage, to add a new look and feel to your photos.
Take a bird’s-eye view. See how each filter would affect your photo in a single grid view, or swipe through looks to compare your options.
Frame the action. Crop and pinch to zoom in order to focus attention.
Auto-enhance. Make your photos pop with balanced light and colors by tapping the wand.
In June, 2011, we introduced the ability to attach a photo to your Tweet, a first step toward improving the entire photo experience on Twitter. Since then we’ve been making it easier and faster to share and discover and enjoy great photos on Twitter every day:
- You can expand Tweets to view photos from various photo services right on Twitter;
- You can preview photos directly in Discover and search;
- You can quickly swipe through images on Twitter with photo streams in profiles and search results.
Source – Twitter
If you are into using Instagram, you might want to check out this new app, AfterGlow (US$0.99). The app offers Instagram-like filters and there’s quite a lot to start of with. In shot, it features the following
- 12 Adjustment Tools to enhance your images to perfection with ease;
- 30 Filters, 20 of which are fully adjustable “Original Filters” and 10 “Guest Filters” created by various Instagram users. The developers promised that there will be more free Guest Filters in the coming updates;
- 20 Textures which includes a range of real and natural light leaks we created with 35mm film, to simplistic scratchy film textures;
- Cropping & Transforming Tools that allows you to crop your photos with their quick and easy cropping tool with 13 different presets; and
- 7 different Frames
If you want to find out more, Curate This Space ran an article on AfterGlow Tips and Tricks, link here. Initial response from users are pretty good, given the low introductory price, give it a try.
This 25-minute documentary by Andy Newman features two very different photographers, an Instagrammer, Cory Staudacher and a pro photographer, Andria Lindquist. Get into their worlds and see what photography trulymeans to them, an inspirational short and hope you enjoy.
★ P.E.A.R. Technology
Developed by Blux Touch specifically for Blux Camera, this innovative technology stands for Photographic Environment Analysis and Recommendation.
★ Photographic Assistant
P.E.A.R technology includes a photographic assistant to analyze your environment and advise you every step of the way towards absolutely stunning photos.
★ Blux Mode
Randomly combines filters and modes for some really unique effects. Easiest way to capture visually stunning photographs. Just tap your way to amazing.
★ Creative Control
Blux Camera gives you complete creative control over your photos with filters, modes, real-time photo adjustments and more…
★ Imaginative UI
Super sleek 4-direction swipe interface with smooth touch controls and completely customizable user experience.
★ Retina Preview
Blux Camera takes full advantage of your iPhone’s HD retina display by giving you the power to see your photos in all their brilliance as you create and alter them in real-time.
★ Macro Shot
A fantastic macro shooting mode with magnified precision point focusing
★ International Filters
14 extraordinary filters named after world cities, custom made by photographers inspired by their travels around globe.
Source – Blux Camera
Photo fx gives you the tools to edit, control and correct your images as well as create interesting effects with 878 presets, including digital optical filter equivalents for your iPhone or iPod Touch images. Photo fx also provides you with 76 exciting filters.
Photo fx Ultra gives you the tools to edit, control and correct your images as well as create interesting effects with 934 presets, including digital optical filter equivalents for your iPhone or iPod Touch images.
Now with photo-sharing to Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Tumblr, the Sincerely Ship & Print service as well as Email, Print Copy and Open In functions. In addition, Photo fx Ultra provides you with 77 exciting filter.
Source – The Tiffen Company
Please like us on Facebook or retweet if you find this article useful and follow us on Twitter (@pasmworkshop) for all the latest photography news.
Photography is the art of capturing light. Infrared photography, on the other hand, is the art of capturing invisible light. If your looking for something new and unique to add to your photography arsenal then you came to the right place NIR Color is truly beautiful, surreal and will transform ordinary landscapes into something magical and ethereal.
- NIR Color uses “near infrared” light technology, along with infrared “color” filters to add violet, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red colors, and all their combinations back into your image. The combination creates stunning imagery with otherworldly and mysteriously atmospheres.
When using “NIR” everyday objects differ sharply from those of visible light. A blue sky can sometimes appear very dark, while foliage often turns light to create an amazing and chilling contrast. Not only will the contrast make your photo ‘pop’, it will also transform the original color to ones that are dreamy and surreal using our infrared “color” filters. The decision is in your hands to tone down the color to ones that are classy, clean, and contrasted. Or boost them to a dramatic color of your choosing taking your infrared photography to a completely different level. With NIR Color you can quickly see how incredibly beautiful the world can be in a different light.
- NIR Color …
- Works best on colorful landscape images
- “Near Infrared” technology turns blue-sky dark and foliage light to make your image ‘pop’
- Infrared “Color” filters add violet, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red colors,
and all their combinations back into the image to create a dreamy and surreal appearance.
- Works with Hi-Res images and saves Hi-Res for top-quality results
- Gets you started fast with a variety of presets
- Creates personal-favorite custom presets using the “Save Preset” menu
- Has the addictive JixiPix Randomizer – so much fun!
- Easy-to-use slider controls to adjust light, contrast and texture just how you want it
- Superfast preview mode to immediately see edit results, with large image rendered at save
- You can save to the photo roll and/or email or post to Facebook. Share your masterpieces!
- Superior customer support and updates – we’re committed to your long-term satisfaction
NIX Color for iPhone (US$1.99) and NIX Color HD for iPad (US$0.99) are both free now on the App Store, get them fast before the special offer ends.
Source – jixipix.com
Professional photographers have relied on polarizing filters to clean up noisy light and reflections for decades. The Trygger Camera Case (US$40 up) brings that same polarizing filter to your iPhone® 4/4S, built-in and always ready to take great pictures. The project is now on Kickstarter, link here. With 19 days to go, the project is fully funded already. Check out the videos below for more info.
Funny parody video of what Instagram might do with the $1 billion from Facebook. LOL
Source – The Verge
Source – 645 PRO
Pocket Snapper (US$1.99) by Kdan Mobile, is an exclusive photo app that features a virtual studio environment with built-in models that let users have a taste of what it’s s like taking and editing model shoots in a photography studio. Pocket Snapper enables you to take photos from the embedded short video clips of glamorous models, just like what a professional photographer would do!
Pocket Snapper creates a virtual studio in your iDevice for you to sharpen your photo taking skills. The iModel mode utilizes the gyroscope to simulate the authentic photo-takng experience. Pocket Snapper mimics the photo-shooting environment that allows you to capture images in any flicks and it also offers additional photo filters for purchase that makes your work stylish and we will keep rolling out more videos that enable to make it more fun.
Equip yourself with a mobile photo studio! Pocket Snapper gives you authentic studio-shooting experiences. Besides iModels, Pocket Snapper includes the full functionality of a camera and tons of editing options to create your very own photos. For more information, head over to the developer’s website, link here. For now, check out the review video below from Crazy Mike’s.