- Video Tutorial – Photoshop Workflow on Enhancing Hair
- SCRAPED Exhibition Opens Today – Culture Club
- Richard Chen HK Workshop Tour – 13 to 17 February 2014
- Phottix Odin TTL Flash Trigger for Nikon New Firmware v1.06 Released
- PASM Workshop’s New 17-feet Cyclorama Will Commence Operation Starting 1 January 2014
- Book Recommendation – Photoshop For Lightroom Users
- Video Tutorial – Using Reflectors by The Slanted Lens
- Video Tutorial – How to Tether Wireless to Lightroom
- Take A Look At The Phottix Mitros+ TTL Transceiver Flash
- Annie Leibovitz’s New Fashion Shoot BTS Video
Those were the days
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
This blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
TagsAccessories Adobe Adobe Lightroom 4 Annie Leibovitz Apple Applications Behind-the-scene Video Camera Canon Canon 5DMKIII DSLR Event Exhibition Fashion Photography HDSLR Hong Kong Instagram iOS Application iOS Applications iPad iPhone iPhoneography Lighting Lightroom Movie Nikon Nikon D4 Nikon D800 PASM PASM News PASM Workshop Photographer Photography Photoshop Phottix Portrait Photography Portraits Review Sony Sony A77 Triggers Tutorial Video Videography Video Tutorials
Category Archives: iPhone
This from the Twitter blog:
Every day, millions of people come to Twitter to connect with the things they care about and find out what’s happening around the world. As one of the most compelling forms of self-expression, photos have long been an important part of these experiences.
Starting today, you’ll be able to edit and refine your photos, right from Twitter. The latest versions of Twitter for iPhone and Twitter for Android introduce a few new ways to enhance the images you tweet. We’re grateful to our partner, Aviary, for powering our filters and effects.
Filters. Apply one of eight filters, ranging from black & white to vintage, to add a new look and feel to your photos.
Take a bird’s-eye view. See how each filter would affect your photo in a single grid view, or swipe through looks to compare your options.
Frame the action. Crop and pinch to zoom in order to focus attention.
Auto-enhance. Make your photos pop with balanced light and colors by tapping the wand.
In June, 2011, we introduced the ability to attach a photo to your Tweet, a first step toward improving the entire photo experience on Twitter. Since then we’ve been making it easier and faster to share and discover and enjoy great photos on Twitter every day:
- You can expand Tweets to view photos from various photo services right on Twitter;
- You can preview photos directly in Discover and search;
- You can quickly swipe through images on Twitter with photo streams in profiles and search results.
Source – Twitter
If you are into using Instagram, you might want to check out this new app, AfterGlow (US$0.99). The app offers Instagram-like filters and there’s quite a lot to start of with. In shot, it features the following
- 12 Adjustment Tools to enhance your images to perfection with ease;
- 30 Filters, 20 of which are fully adjustable “Original Filters” and 10 “Guest Filters” created by various Instagram users. The developers promised that there will be more free Guest Filters in the coming updates;
- 20 Textures which includes a range of real and natural light leaks we created with 35mm film, to simplistic scratchy film textures;
- Cropping & Transforming Tools that allows you to crop your photos with their quick and easy cropping tool with 13 different presets; and
- 7 different Frames
If you want to find out more, Curate This Space ran an article on AfterGlow Tips and Tricks, link here. Initial response from users are pretty good, given the low introductory price, give it a try.
★ P.E.A.R. Technology
Developed by Blux Touch specifically for Blux Camera, this innovative technology stands for Photographic Environment Analysis and Recommendation.
★ Photographic Assistant
P.E.A.R technology includes a photographic assistant to analyze your environment and advise you every step of the way towards absolutely stunning photos.
★ Blux Mode
Randomly combines filters and modes for some really unique effects. Easiest way to capture visually stunning photographs. Just tap your way to amazing.
★ Creative Control
Blux Camera gives you complete creative control over your photos with filters, modes, real-time photo adjustments and more…
★ Imaginative UI
Super sleek 4-direction swipe interface with smooth touch controls and completely customizable user experience.
★ Retina Preview
Blux Camera takes full advantage of your iPhone’s HD retina display by giving you the power to see your photos in all their brilliance as you create and alter them in real-time.
★ Macro Shot
A fantastic macro shooting mode with magnified precision point focusing
★ International Filters
14 extraordinary filters named after world cities, custom made by photographers inspired by their travels around globe.
Source – Blux Camera
PhotoViva is a powerful application for photo editing and freeform painting. It can help you transform your pictures into expressive and colorful works of art. In addition to tools for enhancing your photos, there are paint brushes that let you make abstract painted interpretations of photos. You can select a brush and copy image features by cloning or painting. Brushes can track the direction of movement, or you can set the brush direction. You can also change the hue, saturation and blur of brush strokes as you go. Get it from the App Store here.
Photo fx gives you the tools to edit, control and correct your images as well as create interesting effects with 878 presets, including digital optical filter equivalents for your iPhone or iPod Touch images. Photo fx also provides you with 76 exciting filters.
Photo fx Ultra gives you the tools to edit, control and correct your images as well as create interesting effects with 934 presets, including digital optical filter equivalents for your iPhone or iPod Touch images.
Now with photo-sharing to Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Tumblr, the Sincerely Ship & Print service as well as Email, Print Copy and Open In functions. In addition, Photo fx Ultra provides you with 77 exciting filter.
Source – The Tiffen Company
Please like us on Facebook or retweet if you find this article useful and follow us on Twitter (@pasmworkshop) for all the latest photography news.
The Kick is a lightweight, feature rich, affordable photo/video light for smart phones and SLRs. It boasts amazing light effects and creative features: adjustable color temperature, colored light (any color!), animated light, built-in light effects and streaming of light from existing videos for use in your own video production. With the Kick and the Kick App you can sample light effects pretty much like you sample music!
Kick will help you take better pictures, make better videos and have great fun doing it.
Kick excels at animated light. Pick one of the cool built-in effects like Rainbow, Strobe, or Mood. Or, something more dramatic like Fire, Lightning Storm and Cannon shots. It is all there and more…
With the Kick and the Kick App you can also sample light effects from any video stored on your iPhone. Or simply sample light straight from the iPhone camera, while you use it. Just point the iPhone towards the light effect you want the Kick to recreate, tap the screen – and the Kick will emit that light! It’s automatically stored in the effects library for use later on.
Check out more info on their Kickstarter Page, link here.
Source – Rift Labs
Professional photographers have relied on polarizing filters to clean up noisy light and reflections for decades. The Trygger Camera Case (US$40 up) brings that same polarizing filter to your iPhone® 4/4S, built-in and always ready to take great pictures. The project is now on Kickstarter, link here. With 19 days to go, the project is fully funded already. Check out the videos below for more info.
Check out the all new Swivl, the one iPhone video shooting accessories. It features -
- iOS Digital Microphone: Capture high quality digital audio through a lossless wireless connection to the marker. This enables you to capture the audio you want, even in noisy environments.
- Tripod Compatible: The Swivl also mounts onto most standard tripods through a standard tripod nut.
- Mounting flexibility: The grip is designed to hold your iOS device in various orientations to suit different uses. This allows you to use it with the front facing camera for Facetime or the rear facing camera for HD video shoots.
- Battery or AC Adapter Operated: The Base operates on two AA batteries and provides you with four hours of action capture. It also can be operated with a separate AC Adapter accessory. The Marker operates on two AAA batteries and provides you with up to 10 hours of operation.
- Gesture Controls: The marker comes with gesture control sensors built-in. Now you can control your Swivl with the sweep or the pointing of your hand.
- Automatically Follows You: The base automatically follows the marker and you up to 33 feet (10 meters). It swivel’s 360 degrees horizontally and +10 / -20 degrees vertically when commanded from the Marker. Now you can frame your shot from anywhere.
- iOS Compatibility: Compatible with the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPod Touch (4th Generation). Not compatible with iPhone 3GS or older, iPod (non-camera versions) and iPad.
- In the box: The Swivl and Swivl-it come with a tripod accessory, lanyard, batteries and USB cable. The lanyard is for wearing the marker for best audio performance. The USB cable is for firmware updates and power.
Funny parody video of what Instagram might do with the $1 billion from Facebook. LOL
Source – The Verge