Just added the Sony A99 to our arsenal and our crew is just having a ball with it. Today, we finally got it tethered to the Mac. via Sony’s Remote Camera Control and Lightroom. Well, although Lightroom does not support tether capture natively with the Sony A99, there is a work around. Here’s how it works.
1. First install two files in the MAC folder on your Sony A99 CD-Rom, RCC_INST.pkg and IDC_INST.pkg.
2. Now you should have Remote Camera Control App in your Applications Folder, fire it up.
3. You should see the app window like the following, click on the save in box as shown to set up a new folder to save the capture pictures.
4. Once you set up a new folder, fire up Lightroom.
5. Once in Lightroom, make sure you are in the Library module. From the File menu, select Enable Auto Import under Auto Import, then go to Auto Import Settings afterwards.
6. Under Watched Folder, choose the same folder you set up in Step 3 above.
7. Click the check box “Enable Auto Import” and Voila, you’re done. Hook up your Sony A99 and take a few snaps and your pictures should show up in Library Mode under the “Auto Imported Photos” folder.
Hope the above works for you. Leave a message if you have any questions.