What is the Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day (WPPD)?
This is an international event created to promote and celebrate the art of pinhole photography.On this unique day, WPPD encourage people throughout the world
- to take some time off from the increasingly technological world we live in and to participate in the simple act of making a pinhole photograph.
- to share their visions and help spread the unusual beauty of this historical photographic process.
When is the Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day?
The Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day is held each year on the last Sunday in April.The next Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day is on Sunday, April 29, 2012.
Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day, Pinhole Photography, and… YOU!
Why Pinhole Photography?
A unique personal experience!
- Pinhole photography allows you to make a photograph that requires only a light-tight container (box, can,…) with a tiny hole in one side (as a camera) and any photo-sensitive surface in it. You can adapt an existing camera, or make the camera yourself . The experience of image-making becomes a little more special when created with your own hand-made camera; so, we provide different instructions in making your camera on WPPD Support page.
- With your own camera, infinite depth-of-field, skewed perspectives, and slower exposures, you may ultimately become more creative and more selective about what you choose to photograph. Magical things happen in pinhole photography…
Why Participate in the Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day?
A stimulating collective experience!
- WPPD encourage you to become involved, to not only experience that magic, but to share it with the rest of the world here on this web site.
What We Can Do To Help You Participate?
WPPD have set up this web site to help you
- make your camera,
- make your photo,
- join in the exhibition of others from around the world.
To find out how you can become a part of WPPD, read the page on How to Participate on their website.