- Style of Northeastern New Territories – That’s What We Call Life Exhibition
- The Basics of Time Lapse Photography with Vincent Laforet from Canon
- 10 Important Lightroom Library Shortcuts and Tips
- Introducing the Phottix Mitros TTL Flash for Canon
- Better Color from LED Lights
- Video Tutorial – How To Shoot A Beverage Shot With Rob Grimm
- DC Home 12 周年站聚相片精華
- First Look at Annie Leibovitz’s New Disney Dream Project Featuring Taylor Swift
- Behind The Scene Video on Jameson Whiskey Product Shoot
- Behind The Scene Video On A Magazine Shoot
Those were the days
This blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
TagsAccessories Adobe Adobe Lightroom 4 Apple Applications Behind-the-scene Video Camera Canon Canon 5D MKIII Canon 5DMKIII Cinematography DSLR Event Exhibition HDSLR Hong Kong Instagram iOS Application iOS Applications iPad iPhone iPhoneography Movie Nikon Nikon D4 Nikon D800 PASM PASM e-Store PASM News PASM Workshop Photographer Photography Photoshop Phottix Portrait Photography Portraits Review Sony Sony A77 Street Photography Triggers Tutorial Video Videography Video Tutorials
Monthly Archives: December 2011
Action Movie FX lets you add Hollywood effects to your iPhone video, imagine being able to add missile attacks, car smash, chopper down and other big budget Hollywood movie effects. The app features two basic effects you can add to your own video and you can purchase more effects via the app. Take a look at the video and grab it for free at the App Store now.
• 2 FREE Big-Budget FX! MISSILE ATTACK & CAR SMASH!
• Sound Design By Skywalker Sound!
• Fast, Automated Video Tracking!
• Music, Sound FX and Lens Flares!
• Post to Facebook or Email to friends!
You can find the app here.
SNAPHEAL is amazing, first-of-its-kind photo application that lets you perform professional image enhancements in minutes, doesn’t require any special knowledge and comes with the rocking price.
“Snapheal Performs Complex Photo Touch Ups and Object Removals in Two Clicks” – lifehacker.com
Here is what you can do:
- Remove unwanted objects from the image
- Make skin imperfections vanish
- Erase unwanted text (watermarks, etc)
- Dramatically enhance photos with clone & stamp tool
- Lighten dark areas
- Sharpen images
- Add blur
- Adjust saturation, gamma, light levels, shadows and much more
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro CompactFlash Card (90MB/s) HK$840
SanDisk 32GB Extreme Pro CompactFlash Card (90MB/s) HK$1,500
SanDisk 16GB Extreme CompactFlash Card (60MB/s) HK$460
SanDisk 32GB Extreme CompactFlash Card (60MB/s) HK$700
SanDisk 16GB Extreme SDHC Class 10 (30MB/s) HK$280
SanDisk 32GB Extreme SDHC Class 10 (30MB/s) HK$450
SanDisk Extreme Pro 16 GB SDHC UHS-I Class 10 (95MB/s) HK$520
SanDisk Extreme Pro 32 GB SDHC UHS-I Class 10 (95MB/s) HK$990
To order, please email the cards you want and quantities to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14 December 2011 so that the cards can arrive before Christmas
What is the EZ-Steady?
If you are unfamiliar with camera stabilizers, the EZ-Steady is a way to get really smooth camera motions without having to use a large rig. It is a simple, hand held device that eliminates camera shake and gives the footage a feeling of flying. The EZ-Steady is easily the most sought for accessories after the CineSkates on Kickstarter, with 234 backers and US$56,107 pledged as of today. The pledge starts from US$225 for the basic unit and up to US$325 for additions such as iPhone Glif mount and counterweights for heavier cameras, check them out on their Kickstarter page, only 6 more days to go.
The iPhone Telephoto Lens (US$35.00) is up on Photojojo and will start shipping on 12 December 2011, just in time for Christmas. Some of the features of the lens -
- Fixed telephoto iPhone lens attachment for an 8x closer view
- Like having a 500mm Sigma for your phone!
- Each lens comes with a case, mini tripod and cleaning cloth
- Compatible with iPhone 4/4S
- Great for concerts, nature photos, travel, sports, candid street shots ..
- Mini ball-socket tripod twists to shoot from any angle: horizontal or vertical
According to Amazon, Joe McNally’s new book, “Sketching Light” (US$29.99), is now on pre-order and will start shipping on 22 December 2011. Joe blogged on his website earlier today and according to him, the book is a whopping 420 pages thick (432 according to Amazon). As he stated in the book intro, “There’s a ton of basic information in this book. there are pictures, sketches, production photos, notes, and metadata. In most instances, I’ve divulged virtually everything you could want to know about any particular shoot, short of the color of my boxers. They’re generally blue, by the way, though I do have a couple of pinstriped numbers, and on really big shoots I wear my lucky thong. Joe make joke.”
I don’t know about you but this one definitely is gonna be on my Christmas shopping list.
Source – Joe McNally, Amazon
This eBook is jam-packed with 11 articles that will help photographers of all levels improve what they do. And yes, it’s free. Craft & Vision is a collection of hands-on, practical articles written by the following photographers (David duChemin, Piet Van den Eynde, Andrew S. Gibson, Nicole S. Young, Alexandre Buisse, Stuart Sipahigil, Eli Reinholdtsen and Michael Frye). Learn more.
Readers will gain fresh ideas and insights into improving their photographic vision and the skills required to compose the images they want to make. It is 67 spreads (as in 134 magazine pages) which makes it the second largest ebook we’ve ever produced.
Download it. Enjoy it. Tell your friends about it.
Source – Craft & Vision
The Glif for iPhone is back and this time around the guys behind Glif, Studio Neat, is introducing the +pack add-ons for the original Glif. The add-ons includes the Serif and the Ligature, watch the video for more details. Indeed a great idea for Christmas presents.
The 5th Hong Kong Mobile Film Festival – The Best Capture of the Best Maintained Building Award 流動影片製作比賽-優良保養樓宇最佳取景大獎
As part of the 5th Hong Kong Mobile Film Festival, The Best Capture of the Best Maintained Building Award Competition, sponsored by the Buildings Department is now open for application.
Entrants’ videos must capture shots of three-storey or higher private residential buildings, excluding heritage buildings, Government buildings and public housing.
- Recommend capturing 30+ year old private residential buildings that are well maintained, such as Chi Fu Fa Yuen, Taikoo Shing, Mei Foo Sun Chuen, Shatin City One, buildings on Mongkok Kam Lam Street, buildings across Canton Street and Soy Street, buildings on Kwun Tong Yuet Wah Street and Kung Lok Road, and buildings across Mongkok Prince Edward Road West and Perth Street.
- On top of emphasizing on the beauty of the buildings, bringing out the important message of how building maintenance improves the quality of life will be of advantage.
Prize: HK$5,000 Cash
「屋宇署」為提升本港樓宇安全、衞生及環境水平不遺餘力，令我們的大都會盡善盡美。本屆流動影片節獲「屋宇署」特別贊助「優良保養樓宇最佳取景大 獎」，希望藉此令更多人關注樓宇保養及維修，未雨稠繆為安穩居所共同努力。只要參賽者能於其作品中，以本港超過3層高的私人住宅樓宇取景（不包括古蹟建 築、政府建築物、公共房屋等），並突出優良的保養維修對樓宇質素的影響，甚或能於片中帶出樓宇維修前後的對比，以及與住客生活質素息息相關的訊息，即有機 會奪得此大獎。