Vitality just released the first hack for the Panasonic GH2 which enables high bitrate AVCHD in 1080/24p cinema mode. Initial reviews on the hack from the guys over at EOSHD.com indicates that -
- Noise now has a lovely film like fine grain, much more organic and less electronic looking
- Noise smears far less detail
- Low light performance is just better all round
- Less compression appears to have helped with banding on gradated tones, looks closer to 10bit than 8bit!
- Significantly better than the high bitrate MJPEG mode especially in low light
- Colour seems improved, I am getting some beautifully rich tones out of it
- Detail has increased and is much more solid looking, even with heavy camera movement
Check out more in the video or this link for more on the hack and instructions to apply the hack.
Source – EOSHD.com